Monday, September 28, 2009

George's Birthday Cake (Part I)

I've decided to jump straight from a single layered fondant covered cake to a three tier extravaganza for George's birthday on Friday. Probably this is foolish. We'll see...

Today is baking day. I used the Planet Cake chocolate mudcake recipe which should make enough batter for one 8" round cake. Just to complicate things I decided to make a 1 1/2 quantity and use it to fill three smaller pans - a 7", 6" and 5". Major baking time confusion has ensued... all three pans are in the oven and the internet is not giving me any love as I search for useful information about how to adjust cooking times for different tin sizes. It looks like I'll be stuck in the kitchen sticking skewers into cakes for the next hour...

All going well my plan is to make a blue, white and green cake covered in polka dots...

No comments:

Post a Comment