These peanut butter and chocolate cookies taste incredible!! The cookie jar at work as been empty for days so I thought it was about time I baked something to replenish it. I suspect my workmates will be happy with the new look cookie jar! Bye bye Arnotts...
The other great thing is how simple they are to make:
1 cup of smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup of sugar
200g dark semi sweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius
2. Put peanut butter, sugar and the egg in a bowl and mix well, then cover in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper, and roll mixture into 18 balls and place on tray
3. Squish the balls down with a fork to get the line effect on the cookies
4. Bake 18-20 minutes
5. Once cooled melt chocolate, dip one end at a time into chocolate, and then dip in a bowl of crushed peanuts
6. Pop the into the fridge until the chocolate sets and then consume!!
This recipe is one of Bakerella's - for more details visit her site.
Not Quite NigellaThe cooking, eating and travel blog of a hungry blogger from Sydney, Australia featuring original recipes, interviews and articles on all things food @