Thursday, December 3, 2009

Deliciousness from Delicious magazine

I am an obsessive reader of ABC Delicious magazine to the point that I intuitively know what day it will arrive on our doorstep. It happens when I'm sitting on the light rail heading home from work, a big wave of expectation out of nowhere. Weird.

Anyway, can you guess what these ingredients do when you put them all together?


They become...TURKISH DELIGHT ICE CREAM TERRINE! I found the recipe in the November edition of Delicious and started salivating.

Pretty much I had to mix it all together and bung it in a cake tin lined with glad wrap. And freeze it overnight. And open the freezer door to look at it quite frequently. Sometimes I would also poke it with my finger for good measure.

And I had to make a rose flavoured syrup.


Unfortunately I think a full 24 hours in the freezer was a bit excessive. It crumbled when I cut it. The turkish delight glued to the hot knife I attempted to cut the damn thing with. It had weird glad wrap marks all over it.

But it looked pretty.

And it tasted like a bunch of flowers crossed with ice cream crossed with some kind of tulle skirt, which mainly means that it tasted like yum.

2 comments:

  1. great job Em! this looks so pretty and slightly too adventurous for me! Delicious is a brilliant magazine - the girls at work get it and i photocopy recipes out of it all the time!

    ReplyDelete