Saturday, January 23, 2010

Buttermilk muffins: two ways


Last weekend we had our lovely friends N & K around for brunch. Being a hot summery kind of day I thought that a perfect brunch menu would be chunks of watermelon, slices of pineapple, orange juice and some muffins straight from the oven. I found a recipe for Raspberry Lemon Muffins over at ButterSugarFlour which looked most wonderful, and it was.

Once I'd made the batter I split it in half and added a cup of raspberries and chopped 80% cocoa chocolate to one part, and a cup of blueberries and the zest of one lemon to the other.

Sadly this is the only picture of the raspberry and chocolate combination that I have left, due to some serious scoffing. What you can take from that statement is that raspberry and chocolate was the winner! Baking with buttermilk is fantastic, it adds a certain richness to cakes but without being heavy. And it keeps cakes moist.


Hurray for buttermilk!! Recipe hero(ine) of the week. (I think I might be overtired.)
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment