Sunday, January 24, 2010

This weekend

Some eggplants began to appear in our garden.
I took a break from fondant covered fancy pants cakes and returned to a more relaxed style, icing slathered on with abandon, a few holes and gaps here and there, and lots of pretty sprinkles and decorations on top. Deliciously imperfect. And popular with my eaters! (By the way it's a three layer devil's food cake with white chocolate cream cheese icing.)

I also finished my first Daring Baker's challenge, the details of which I can only reveal on Thursday. The results of the challenge became gifts for my nearest and dearest.

R and I made 6 litres of chicken stock and froze it.

And we watched a scary amount of Grey's Anatomy on DVD.

So all up it was a pretty damn good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment