Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why Rahul loves me

I made him sour cream chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate peanut butter glaze for his birthday.

I first read about this cake over at Smitten Kitchen where Deb baked it for her chocolate mad husband's birthday with rave reviews. The recipe comes from Sky High: Irresistible Triple Layer Cakes by Alisa Huntsman and Peter Wynne, and after a few google searches relating to this book I knew I had to buy it.

My God, is this cake rich. It took five of us to eat just a quarter of it, so it would easily serve twenty people despite the recipe's instructions that it could do 12 or 16. Having said that, Rahul loved it and took about a quarter of the remains to work today.

If you love Reese's peanut butter cups this is the cake of your dreams.


I can't decide what to bake next. Peach Melba Cake with Raspberry Cream? Key West Cake with Mango Mousse and Ginger Lime Cream? Pina Colada Cake?

5 comments:

  1. OMG make all of them please - I would personally like to try that peachy thing LOL but mainly because raspberry and peaches sound lovely together hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is a picture of the full cake? Or did you start eating before you remembered?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The full cake pictures are all dark unfortunately - that's what happens when you remember to take photos only as the birthday boy is about to blow out the candles! All that was left to photograph the next day were a few pieces!!

    The Peach Melba Cake could be imminent though, and I'll be sure to photograph that one well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this also looks wonderful. i am dying

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you come home I will bake it for you Rosie. Yes, blatant bribe.

    ReplyDelete