Saturday, April 17, 2010

Smitten Kitchen Week

I have loved reading Smitten Kitchen from the day I discovered the world of blogging. It's where I first read about Sky High: Irresistible Triple Layer Cakes. It's where my Mum discovered potato kugel. Deb's recipes are fantastic.

So this week all our meals will be cooked using recipes from Smitten Kitchen. Smitten Kitchen Week. Like National Diabetes week. Only better. And not good for diabetics at all.

Today I have two hungry painters upstairs working hard so I thought it was the least I could do was kick of the week of Smitten Kitchen and whip up a Wild Mushroom and Stilton* Galette which turned out to be absolutely delicious. I will definitely make the pastry again because it was very very easy to work with and had a lovely mild sour cream flavour.

* I have to confess that I used gorgonzola instead of stilton, and my it was good.

2 comments: