Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rahul and Nigella's Nutella Cake

This is Nigella Lawson's Nutella Cake. Looks good. Which is why I thought it would be a perfect 29th birthday celebration cake for little old me.

This is Rahul's Nutella Cake.

Now call me biased, but I think it's pretty darn perfect, possibly even better than Nigella's because the hazelnuts aren't roasted to the point of being black and charred. Plus Rahul was forced to work with a less than even amateur stylist taking photos as she rushed out the door at 7.12am. Plus it was Rahul's first attempt at baking. Ever.

Okay so I haven't tried the finished product just yet, it being only 6.27pm on birthday night. But the batter was amazing. And I couldn't wait to show off Rahul's newly discovered talent!

5 comments:

  1. wow!!! looks delicious... happy belated birthday!!!

    and well done rahul :)

    the recipe looks great, it's in how to be a domestic goddess isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's another classic recipe from How To Be A Domestic Goddess. Or God, in Rahul's case...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job Rahul! It looks absolutely wonderful! :D

    ReplyDelete